Featured post

The West's Overreaction to Nazism

Western civilisation, especially in America, is to a large extent defined and shackled by its OVERREACTION to Nazism and the Holocaust, some...

Monday 16 November 2015

Rome Didn't Fall in a Day

‘Trust’ in the News Media Has Come to Mean Affirmation

By Brooke Gladstone, Nov. 12 2015 (LINK to article)

It is a well-know truism: united we stand, divided we fall, so can anyone seriously doubt that our civilisation (not just America, but the West in general) is falling?

Rome didn't fall in a day, and it wasn't clear until after the event, which took centuries, that it had actually happened. Our civilisation is falling a lot faster, but still too slowly for most individuals to notice, especially when the system is still working for them and they are preoccupied with daily life.

It is inconceivable to most people that our civilisation could be over before this present century is, but that, I believe, is the course we are on.

And no, I'm not a "doom monger", but a realist, who can see where we are heading. I'm not the only one, of course. Others see it too, but tend to assume that nothing can be done about it. I disagree. I think that we could do a lot about it, if only we understood the nature of our situation, which, unfortunately, we don't, or rather, the academics we look to as authorities on such matters don't. And that's what counts.

If you will forgive my presumptuousness, I believe that I have a much better understanding of our situation, which I elaborate on in this BLOG.

No comments:

Post a Comment