Featured post

The West's Overreaction to Nazism

Western civilisation, especially in America, is to a large extent defined and shackled by its OVERREACTION to Nazism and the Holocaust, some...

Saturday 26 March 2016

Tribal Identity & its Relationship to State, Nation & Race

Inventing the Irish

By Barry Kennerk, March 24 2016 (LINK to article)

I'm an Englishman, but also consider myself a Native Briton, which includes all the Irish. On a larger scale still I see myself as a Native European. And finally, on a global scale, I see myself as "ethnic European", i.e. a white man, with kin all over the world. This is my "race" which I identify with.

This is a very politically incorrect way to feel, I know, but it is how I feel, and how I feel, is how I feel, and I see no good reason to deny it or feel ashamed of it, notwithstanding the huge "moral pressure" one is under to do precisely this, because of the taboo surrounding "race".

Surely, it is perfectly natural to feel an affinity towards those one is most closely related to and shares so much culture and history, as well as prehistory, with. Why do we have a culture which demonises such feelings as "racist"?

It is, I suggest, because the STATE needs its citizens to identify with itself and their fellow citizens, irrespective of race, rather than with the citizens of other states who may be of the same race.

The state fears a sense of racial/tribal identity amongst its different ethnic groups, because it has the potential to undermine its claim to nationhood, which legitimises it, its ruling elites and the immense power they wield and abuse.

The state - even democratic ones - teaches its citizens a very misleading understanding of itself which we would do well to investigate: LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment